Thanks to Earth Day, I found out that the FDA sucks even more than I thought. They do not consider the artificial sex hormone Bisphenol-A (BPA), the chemical used in many soft plastics, harmful to human health. They use as an excuse two studies that were funded by the plastics industry. This "recommendation" is despite:
- The National Institutes of Health publishing that the chemical can cause cancer, infertility, and "neural and behavioral effects"
- CDC detecting the chemical in 93% of the people tested
- Dozens of independent studies finding it to be harmful
- It actually being an artificial sex hormone
- Canada declaring it a "hazardous material" and Japan cutting back its use in plastics
»The Plastics Breakdown: An Infographic